“عمرو فرج” Locations
About “عمرو فرج”
MBBS, M.SC. (Physical medicine and rehabilitation)
Specialist Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Amr Farag is a specialist physical medicine and rehabilitation (Physiatrist) who graduated from Ain Shams university in Egypt in 2003. He completed his specialization at Department of physical medicine and rehabilitation (Ain Shams University hospital) in 2007 then was assigned as assistant lecturer in Ain Shams university. He has over 10 years experience as a specialist in multi-specialty hospitals and rehabilitation centre in Egypt, Kuwait and United Arab Emirates.
His main areas of expertise are in neurological rehabilitation (following spinal cord injury, stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, myopathy), orthopaedic rehabilitation (following trauma, arthroscopic surgeries, joint replacement ) and rehabilitation of sports associated injuries. He is also experienced in treatment of various soft tissue inflammatory disorders (supraspinatus tendinitis, tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow, Achilles tendinitis, plantar fascitis and calcaneal spur) with shock wave therapy (ESWT)
- MBBS from faculty of medicine, Ain Shams university, Cairo, Egypt in 2003.
- Master degree in physical medicine and rehabilitation from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt in 2007.
- Egyptian Medical Association
- Egyptian Society of Physical and Rehabilitation
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation (ISPRM)
Arabic, English, German
- Resident doctor and assistant lecturer in department of physical medicine, rheumatology & rehabilitation at Ain Shams university hospitals (Cairo, Egypt) from April 2005 to May 2008.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist in Aguza Military Rehabilitation & Rheumatology center (Cairo, Egypt) from August 2008 to July 2009.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist in Nozha international hospital (Cairo, Egypt) from January 2008 to March 2012.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist in Therapia physiotherapy and rehabilitation center (Kuwait city) from March 2012 to July 2015. – In 2015 he started his practice in Dubai– UAE
- Clinical evaluation and management of musculoskeletal, neurological and rheumatological patients who need physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation and treatment of sports associated injuries.
- Paediatric rehabilitation.
- Respiratory and cardiac rehabilitation.
- Assessment and treatment of spasticity and it related movement disorders.
- Electro diagnostic studies (Nerve conduction study and electromyography).